Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Check me out at Love On Wheels!

I was recently honored to be interviewed by Ekiwah Adler-Belendez for his blog Love On Wheels. Ekiwah has cerebral palsy and is an extraordinary poet. Ekiwah was one of my earliest heroes and inspired a lot of my own writing, so I was extremely honored when he asked me for an interview. His blog, Love On Wheels, deals with the complex issues of sex, sexuality, and relationships in relation to disability. You can check out my interview with Ekiwah here at Love On Wheels!

Note that my interview/bio reveals my real name. I've blogged under the name Spaz Girl for a very long time and I've tried very hard to keep myself anonymous for a number of reasons. But as I'm moving more and more into the blogging realm, I want to make my blog more public and more associated with me as an activist. In this interview, specifically, I wanted my bio to reflect the work I've done as a disability activist. Not to mention that with a little googling and connecting the dots, it wouldn't be that hard to figure out who I am based on what I reveal in my posts. So...I'm revealing myself. It's a big leap of faith for me and one that I was a little reluctant to make. I can only hope that good things come out of this decision.

On an unrelated note....I've changed the text color for my posts to make them (hopefully) easier to read. Let me know what you think.

(.....three posts in one month, what is this...?!?)

1 comments :

Hiroko said...

wasaaaaaap Spaz Girl! I love your blog. It is really nice to read what you think and feel. Probably this is why I love photographing Dancing Dreams. I learn a lots of thoughts I have never imagined. I saved your blog as my favorite ;-)
How are you? I miss you so much.