Monday, May 30, 2011

(Blog) Carnival Ride

Well, after hosting the Disability Blog Carnival back in February, I'm back for another round.  I'm hosting the June Disability Blog Carnival and the theme, I've decided, is going to be community.  How does a disability community, or the lack of, affect you?  How do you define a disability community?  I'm excited to read all your posts!  I'm a bit late in getting the announcement up this time around, so I'll give you plenty of time to write all your posts - I know how writer's block can get in the way.  Try and have your posts to me by the 25th, but if you submit a late post, I'll add it in later.  Comment on this post (I've disabled word verification for those of you who may have trouble interpreting it) or email me with your post at caraliebowitz@gmail.com.  Or, if you have me on Facebook, you can also submit it to me that way.  Any way you can get it to me is fine.  Happy blogging everyone!

"God put us here on this carnival ride
We close our eyes
Never knowing where it will take us next
Babies are born and at the same time, someone's taking their last breath
It's the wheel of the world
It's the wheel of the world turning around."
-Wheel of the World by Carrie Underwood 

2 comments :

lifeofthedifferentlyabled said...

hi here is my submission it doesn't go live until tomorrow (June 21 eastern time zone)though so if you click the link right now it will be dead

http://lifeofthedifferentlyabled.com/2011/the-social-impact-of-the-disability-community/

Blake Watson said...

Hi there! Not too long ago I wrote about the idea of connecting creatives with disabilities.

http://www.ihatestairs.org/2011/06/we-hate-stairs-a-creative-community/

Looking forward to the carnival.